Some snapshots into the life of me. Some really blurry snapshots.

Friday, March 23, 2012

Envy

Do you ever have those times when you find yourself glued to Facebook and think to yourself "I wish I had her/his life," while looking through someone's pictures and statuses and friends?

Sometimes I'm so envious of other people. Maybe not necessarily as extreme as wanting their life, though, because I do love my life and I'm so lucky to have been given the life I have. I'm sure we all have those times in school where we think "I wish I got his quiz score." There are times at the mall when we think "Oh, I wish I had her hair." There are times in the grocery store when we think "I wish I could eat the brownies in his cart instead of the carrots in mine."

I sometimes make lists of the pros and cons in my life.

Pros: I've been able to life a privileged life, my parents trust and respect me, I work hard and I do good work, I have many talents, I'm very unique, I have been given opportunities that most others have not been given, I have so many friends and a family who support me in all that I do and will pick me up whenever I need it, people around me hold high standards which makes me push myself to do my best, I'm happy and healthy, I'm very blessed materially, physically, mentally, and emotionally, I have great relationships with so many people in my life that I know will carry me on to a great future.
Cons: I'm a perfectionist, I'm self-depricating, I'm envious.

So I really shouldn't be envious of other people.

I have a great life.

No comments:

Post a Comment