Some snapshots into the life of me. Some really blurry snapshots.

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Spring Break 2012!!

That's the title of many an album that I've seen on Facebook with all of my friends in sunny places on the coasts, getting tan, throwing up the deuces, and what have you. Unfortunately, I'm not there. But I don't really like vacationing in warm places (I'm more of a London and New York person than Miami and LA) so I guess it's all for the best. I went on my own adventure this week, anyway.

It was college visit time for my mom and I. 5 colleges in 5 days. We figured that if we were going to be that far away from home, we might as well make our trip worth it. It was a great trip; I realized I have a lot of options out there for college. My mom and I weren't tired of each other by the end of it. 1749 miles. My butt was quite sore. Except it wasn't as sore as my dad's.

I feel so bad for my dad. He had to have surgery on Friday. For the second time in 8 months. When we were gone. His parents came down and so did his brother since we weren't there. And then he was supposed to get discharged yesterday, but the doctor never showed up. So Easter was pretty memorable for him, as was his birthday 'cuz that's when he had his other surgery.

I played my French horn at a church gig for Easter earlier today. 100 bucks coming my way. Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment